The course enables ASB & community safety practitioners to develop their skills and become competent specialists. It has a broad choice of key modules focussing on the tools and powers available to tackle ASB & community safety issues. To qualify delegates are required to complete four modules including the mandatory Tools and Powers module, and complete a post-course assignment
Who should attend?
This course is a must for practitioners who specialise in ASB or community safety including police officers, ASB & Community Safety officers. It will empower practitioners to resolve cases more effectively by using the full range of tools and techniques.
The aim of the qualification is to make learners proficient in:
- Resolving community safety & antisocial behavioural issues
- Supporting victims and witnesses
- Conducting interviews and completing statements
- Exchanging information
- Identifying and referring cases of domestic violence
- Resolving conflict
- Investigating reported cases of antisocial behaviour
Course total learning hours
Minimum 40 hours to a maximum 70 hours delivered online - each module is x2 three hour session.
- 1 hour of self-study (pre-read) per course
- 6 hours of tuition (per module) 24 hours per course
- Post-course assignment.
The qualification programme is comprised of the following 7 modules
- Module 1- 12th & 19th September 2023: Tools and Powers mandatory
- Module 2 - 26th September & 3rd October 2023: Community Safety Casework
- Module 3 - 10th & 17th October 2023: Interviewing and Statement Taking
- Module 4 - 24th & 31st October 2023: Conflict Resolution
- Module 5 - 7th & 14th November 2023: Domestic Violence Awareness
- Module 6 - 21st & 28th November 2023: Information Exchange
- Module 7- 5th & 12th December 2023 : Supporting Victims and Witnesses
- All the sessions are 9am -12.30pm
BTEC 3 Advanced Award in Community Safety Spring 2024 FULL
11-01-2024 9:00 am
BTEC 3 BTEC 3 Advanced Award in Community Safety Summer 2024
17-04-2024 9:00 am